CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 23, 2008

N'awlins


Our little Mardi Gras baby! She put this outfit together herself I might add...Bunny slippers, hat, beads, and last but not least her braclets, which are actually napkin rings...very posh!




Jamey and I had a chance to take a vacation with some good friends of ours, Shante and Nic. We met them while we were travel nursing in Phoenix, AZ and they have remained friends ever since. Shante worked with me at Banner Good Samaritian Hospital, and her husband Nic just graduated from nursing school about a month ago. We went to New Orleans and that is about the most interesting place that I have ever seen. It's wild and crazy, but there is so much historical significance, and so much beauty there as well. We met some really odd people as well. We did a few tours, had coffee and beignets at the famous Cafe Dumond, and had big steaks at Dickey Brennons Steakhouse. It was wonderful trip, and it was so good to see our friends once again. We've missed them so much since we have been away from Phoenix, it's hard to believe that it has been almost 2 years since we were there!  It's always scary to move around, but with every move, we have met some remarkable people that we count amongst our greatest friends. Shante and Nic may live miles and miles away, but they are great friends. 

We did miss our darling girl a lot while we were there, but she was busy at the grandparents learning to color all over herself. Mom had her for a night, and my in-laws had her for 2. I don't think that she had time to miss us at all with all that grandparent loving going on!! She also worked on her fashion sense while we were away...I think that unfortunately she got her fasion sense from me....it's a sad thing indeed!! 




2 comments:

Clarissa and Matt said...

Ah! I'm so glad your trip was a blast!

Sandy said...

I love the new picture! Your girl is beautiful!