CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 11, 2009

2009 Resolutions

2009 New Years Resolutions, I didn't really have any in 2008 I think that I was still to overwhelmed by life as a new mother, finalizing our adoption and our chaotic moving hither, thither and yon to even think of resolutions last year. 


1. With the economy going like it is my biggest resolution is to make more of what I have. I'm going to start clipping my coupons, tighten the budget, and stop buying ridiculous whim items that we don't need and won't ever use. I actually have my grocery list made out and my coupons and price matched items all marked out for grocery shopping after work tomorrow night.

2. I'm going to lose the rest of the weight that I need to lose. I have lost 26 lbs so far since last summer, but I still have a ways to go. (I got super fat after Alyssa was born....I guess I was making up for not having a  pregnancy! I wanted to be able to complain about my "baby weight too! just kidding!) I want to reach a healthy for me reasonable weight by the fall this year. I want my Mii on the Wii fit to have a normal BMI and no longer pat it's fat rump or rub it's belly. (Any of you Wii users will appreciate this, it was a little disheartening when my Mii got fat after I stepped on...sigh). Along with this comes the goal to work out 4 days a week. That's reasonable and I can do it. This goal isn't only a personal goal but it's a goal to also teach my daughter healthy eating/exercise habits. They do do as we do you know.

3. I'm going to be more positive. I try to do this anyway but I still tend to wallow around in my own self pity from time to time and view that glass as half empty and not half full. 2009 is bringing major changes in my little family unit and it is my job as a wife and mother to make the best out of whatever those changes bring us. Those might bring us living in temporary housing on lawn chairs somewhere, but instead of whining about it I am going to try to turn it into a "camping adventure." (I may not be that successful if I have to live in lawn chairs and sleep on the floor for any longer than say a week...lol! But you get my drift!). 

4. I am also going to do a better job of teaching Alyssa stuff. I'm a wonderful playmate but I'm terrible at actually sitting her down and teaching her things like her ABC's. I'd rather just dance in the kitchen and slide around in our socks (that's her new favorite "mommy dance move" by the way!)

5. I'm going to get organized. I have already started that and have been reading "That Military House, move it, organize it, redecorate it." We are in the process of going through our closets, spare rooms, attic, garage ect. and we are getting rid of our extra stuff that just takes up space. Jamey's also getting rid of a large portion of his comic book collection (which is MASSIVE and quite an undertaking). Think it's too late to enroll us in that show "Clean Sweep" on TLC??? If anyone wants to enter me I'd appreciate it! Enter me in "What not to Wear" while you are at it.

I think that is about it. I have all these little mini things that I want to work on but these are the biggies. Hopefully I can do a follow up blog on myself at the end of the year and be thrilled with all my progress.

1 comments:

Clarissa and Matt said...

Fantastic resolutions! You are soo funny! If you go on What Not to Wear, take me with you! I would love $5000 to spend on a new wardrobe!!! : )