CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 21, 2009

She has got the idea!

We are potty training! We are actually going pee pee in the potty at least once as day as well! I am so proud of Alyssa. She's doing a wonderful job. Tonight she spent a while playing with her Elmo doll, she would put a diaper on him, take the diaper off, put the diaper on him, take the diaper off (you get the idea!) I started telling her "That is very good Alyssa, Elmo is a baby and he goes pee pee in his diaper! When Elmo is a Big Boy, he won't use his diaper anymore and he will put his pee pee in the potty right?" Her response was to look up with wide little eyes say "YEAH!! YEAH!!!" she then proceeded to rip off Elmo's diaper and run with him yelling "POTTY!! POTTY!! POTTY!!" She took Elmo to the potty, put him on the potty, handed him a book (she always gets a book to read on the potty) and then sat where I always sit on the floor in front of her, and said "ELMO PEE PEE!!!" Then after a few moments exclaimed "BIG GIRL! BIG GIRL! YEAH!!! POTTY!!!!" She then danced around and then grabbed Elmo up and covered him in kisses. (That is exactly what I DO when she uses the potty!!!) I think that the fact that she is now potty training her toys is pretty hysterical. 


She is doing a remarkable job! I'm really proud of her. The one major drawback of potty training....she now knows how to take her clothes off and she's "NEKED" quite a lot lately....sigh! But when I get on to her for pulling her pants off she always runs toward the potty yelling "Potty Mommy!" She is so smart..... 

1 comments:

Sandy said...

Woo Hoo, tell her we are so proud of her!! I used to pretend like I was calling Big Bird on the phone for Clarissa and I would just brag to him on what a good job that she was doing and that just thrilled her! funny what we do, whatever works!