CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Oh Crappy 2009 Continued....

I boarded my flight out of Huntsville this morning and had quit and adventure. An adventure that I would like to add that I would like to never have again. On my flight from Houston to San Antonio the plane that I was in experienced an electrical problem. The pilot decided to turn the flight around about 10 minutes after we were in the air. By the time we got back to Houston we were in full "this plane may very well crash/emergency evacuation plan mode." Complete with the flight attendant running to the back of the plane yelling "WE ARE COMING DOWN HARD AND FAST!!!!!" while we were instructed to enter the crash position. The landing was extremely hard and we were jostled all about and all over the runway, but praise God we landed okay and no one was injured. The runway was littered with lots of ambulances, fire engines and police cars. Pretty scary. Most everyone on the flight was crying and just about everyone was holding hands. Weird holding hands with people you have never met. When we unloaded and were waiting on our return flight it was like everyone on the flight knew each other, odd how near tragedy does that. I'm so grateful for God's protection today. It sorta puts everything back into perspective. Other than being a bit shock up I'm just fine and happier than ever to be on solid ground and owe my father in heaven and his son many many prayers of gratitude today. 

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

God is good! So glad you are safe and sound tonight.

Sandy said...

Holy Cow Girl! That could have ended up so badly. You were definitely watched over. That is just crazy. Were you scared to death after it was over? Weird that things like that have to happen to bring people closer, I guess it's because it was life threatening, everyone is glad to be alive. So when do you come back to Nash.? Michael and I went today, I went to Temple and out to eat with Stephen. Haylee was suppose to go, but she wasn't feeling well!

AngieK said...

I was really shock up for a while, but settled down pretty quickly. I just keep thinking please let me see my kid again....I'll be here probably until the Monday after next. I have a ton of stuff to do to get us ready to move and all that. Then I'll go home pack our essentials and Alyssa and I will head to TX with Jamey's parents help of course. Hopefully our house will sell really soon.I'm so glad that you got to visit the Temple and see Stephen. I hate that Haylee wasn't feeling well!!

Clarissa and Matt said...

HOLY CRAP! I can't believe that happened!! Talk about just adding one more thing to your already overloaded plate! Heavenly Father must have been watching out for that plane and for everyone on board! I am so glad you are ok!