CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Our Veggies!

Last year I had these fabulous raised beds but this year we didn't have the time or the energy to do all that so we are improvising! Our garden is a little bit redneck this year, but hey so am I! My mother-in-law told me about doing veggies in soil bags and so we have our peppers, eggplant and okra in those. 
Our squash and zuchnini is in what used to be Alyssa's kiddie pool. There is a crack in the bottom and it doesn't hold water now so it made a perfect little garden tub.
Our herbs are all in pots, we have basil, thyme, oregano, rosemary and I wanted cilantro but it's already too hot for that so we will just have to wait until the fall. 
And our Mato's are in barrels! We have Better Boys, and grape varieties this year. 
I don't have much of a green thumb but I do like having fresh veggies out of my own garden and Alyssa really seems to like the digging and the picking that goes on. She also made some mud pies and had a little dirt snack along the way! 

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Looks great to me!! Good improvising!
Robert, Michael and I just put in our garden this week. Was glad to finally get it in. Can't wait for harvest time!
Love the header picture.
How hot is it down there Angie?

AngieK said...

It's been from 85-100 pretty much every day. It's not bad really. Seems like there are less bugs too which is nice.