CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 15, 2009

Settling in

I'm happy to report that life as we once knew it is slowly but surely returning. I have unpacked all but the garage/attic (which we probably don't need anyway!) and have my honey do list all ready for Jamey to finish hanging up my pictures so home sweet home is just that again! Alyssa is settling in and loving our new neighborhood. We have the best neighbors! Everyone is so friendly! Alyssa has turned into a little water nymph and spends large parts of everyday outside playing in her little kiddy pool. Next week Jamey and I are going to get her a swing set and she'll be in heaven. This weekend she and I are going to finish putting in our garden while Daddy works and it'll finally feel like home. 
We did have a little bump in our road as I was super sick this week and spent Tuesday in the hospital with an acute peritonsillar abcess. I didn't even know there was such a thing! It had to be drained (which was HORRIBLE and I who like to think of myself as having a pretty high pain tolerance cried like a baby). I am on a huge dose of antibiotics for the next 2 weeks and am feeling like a person again today though. I still can't eat much more than milkshakes and mashed potatoes but hey I'm not complaining to much! I went back to the ENT doctor today and they had to reopen the incision in the back of my throat and I'll have a recheck again next week. If it's still swollen I may have to have surgery, but we are hoping for the best and I'm convinced that I am a fast healer. Special thanks to my Army sister, Bambi who volunteered to babysit Alyssa for us while all this was going on. 
Here are some pics of me and my San Antonio Rose just because! 



4 comments:

Rebecca Setzer Schroeder said...

Beautiful....just beautiful!

DebW said...

She is so cute!!!! She looks alot like you in these pictures.

Sandy said...

Beautiful Alyssa looks just like her Moma, love the pics. So glad you have some great neighbors and friendly military families. I am so sorry you had to go through that. Hope you are doing much better!!!

Sandy said...

PS: I LOVE LOVE that dress on you in the previous post! Ya'll are such a nice looking couple, but of course I like a man in uniform as well.