CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Pre-Christmas dinner with Jamey's folks

So this was my first holiday season far away from home. My in-laws came out to celebrate pre-Christmas with us and I got to make my first "Christmas" dinner. I don't think that I did too shabby! Here's the pictures of my food! I did a horseradish and rosemary crusted rib roast, cheddar and dill biscuits, creamed spinach and a tres leche cake. The Tres Leche cake and creamed spinach are from the Pioneer Woman cooks website....if you haven't already discovered her check her blog out it's fantastic!!! http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/

Cheddar and dill herbed biscuits
4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (you can you blue cheese or parm cheese or whatever variety you want)
2 tablespoons minced green onions
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried dill
2 cup all purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup unsalted butter cut into pieces
3/4 cup buttermilk

combine first 4 ingredients in small bowl set aside
combine flour baking soda and powder, salt Cut in cheese mixture and butter with a pasty cutter till crumbly. Add buttermilk and combine until moist. I just pat out little biscuits and then place them on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake 450 for 8-10 minutes

Creamed Spinach
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/04/creamed-spinach-to-die-for/
Horseradish crusted rib roast
4 carrots
2 med onions
24 oz baby potatoes
8 celery ribs
2 tbsp olive oil
4-5 lb standing rib roast
1 tsp kosher salt
3 springs rosemary
3/4 cup horseradish sauce
1 1/2 tsp worchestire sauce
1/4 tsp pepper
Preheat oven to 475 cut carrots and onions into 1 inch pieces cut potatoes and celery into 1 inch pieces. Combine wiht olive oil and place in roasting pan. Season roast with salt and pepper and place over veggies. Reduce heat to 325 and bake for 1 hour. Combine chopped rosemary, horseradish sauce and worchestire and after roast has cooked for 1 hour coat roast with mixture and continue to bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours additional. Let stand 20 minutes serves 8
Tres Leche cake
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/09/tres-leches-cake/

This was so yummy that I'll make it again and again!! Unbelievable good!!!!!


1 comments:

Clarissa and Matt said...

Good job, girl!! You amaze me!! Man, and I was proud of the "hello dollies" I just made! Nevermind! : )