CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 21, 2010

Walk a little slower Daddy.....a poem

"Walk a little slower, Daddy,"
Said a child so small,
I'm following in your footsteps,
And I do not want to fall.

"Sometimes your steps are very fast,
Sometimes they're hard to see;
So walk a little slower, Daddy,
For you are leading me."

"Someday when I'm all grown up
You're what I want to be;
Then I will have a little child
Who will want to follow me."

"And I would want to lead just right,
And I know that I was true,
So walk a little slower, Daddy,
For I must follow you."

Alyssa's teachers gave this framed poem with one of her footprints on it to Jamey for father's day. It made me cry. I'm so lucky to be married to such a good man and such an exceptional papi!



4 comments:

Sandy said...

SO Sweet! I love that picture!!

lacybuttons said...

You'd like the song "Walk a little straighter Daddy" by Billy Currington

:D

jenn said...

beautiful picture-what a wonderful memory!

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine and be a follower.. thanks and God bless..

http://forlots.blogspot.com/