CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sew Frenzy!

So part of my 2010 New Years resolutions was to learn to sew! Well I am proud to say that I have managed to do just that! I'm not going to say that I have mastered the art of sewing, but I have come a very long way! I've discovered quilting and successfully completed 3! 1 twin size and 2 baby blankets. I started quilting as a result of seeing quilts made by my fantastic cousin Lacey. She has made a whole bunch and it made me start thinking about trying my hand at it. It's sorta of become an addiction and I have a number of quilts planned out in my head that I want to finish for our home. I'd love to have homemade quilts adoring all the beds in our home one day. I have one planned out for Alyssa's room complete with curtains and pillow. She might be 15 and hate it by the time I finish it though! Here are pictures of said quilts just so you can see what I've been up to! The one thing I have discovered about quilting is that your mistakes somehow only make it more your own!

I gave this Log Cabin variation to my grandmother, and was my very first sewing project!
I made this baby blanket for my best friend Kara's little girl. Caroline shall be making an appearance in the world sometime in mid-October and I can't wait to meet her!


And this is for my friend Shante's little Ayanna who will also be making an appearance in mid-October!
And pictured here is a vast array of fabric...that EVENTUALLY will become purses. Eventually because it make take me an eternity!!! Special thanks to my fabulous friend Terry who spent a couple of hours helping me pick out all this fabric!

Now back to sewing :)







1 comments:

Clarissa said...

I am totally jealous of your quilting abilities every time I see something you are doing. Sewing is on my long term goal list as well but I haven't quite gotten around to it yet. :)