CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Quilting progress, winged creatures, cutie pies and painted pumpkins oh my!!!

What a random title right??? Well that's what has been going on in the Kephart home this week! Halloween (my most favorite holiday!!!) is right around the corner and we are preparing for it in all sorts of style. Ok not really but Alyssa did have a Costume parade at her preschool and she looked completely, totally and fantastically adorable as a fairy princess. I admit that I was too lazy to add the green to her tutu prior to the parade and thus she doesn't totally match, but I did finish it up last night! Her she is in her parading glory! Dad was even off and able to go with me to the parade! Sunday we will have 5-6 families here to trick or treat and eat with us. Halloween is my Aunt Lisa's favorite holiday and we always spent it together as a family. I get a little sad and a touch homesick on Halloween so this year Jamey decided that we'd carry on my families Halloween tradition with our "Texas family." I'm super excited and I know that the kids will really enjoy the food, festivities and well CANDY!!!!
Texas is not a good climate for pumpkin carving. We know this how you ask??? Well because 3 days ago we carved a super ugly 'scary' pumpkin and it was completely infested with ants, flies and other things I have no desire to know about! We threw 'scary' pumpkin out and we then tried another route (primarily due to the crying 3 year old who missed her 'scary' pumpkin!) and painted our pumpkin! It's fantastic! Alyssa helped with the 'hair!' It was a fun project and next year we plan to each do one. I think it just might replace pumpkin carving in our household!
And this is just too cute not to share...you know it's just adorable!

I do apologize about all my quilting stories. I love it, I'm addicted to it and I love to talk about it. Alas very few, save a couple of friends and my cousin care to hear about it! Jamey's ugly shirt quilt is looking rather nice if I say so myself! Using old clothes to make this quilt has posed quite a challenge. I'm working with only a limited amount of material so I have had to change my plan from the original pattern to make it work. Here's where I am so far. The olive drab is from actual Vietnam Era Army uniforms. That being said I ran out! Off to the thrift store I go in search of more! I need at least 2 more shirts to complete this quilt top. I'm pretty proud that I made this whole quilt top out of shirts. Makes it sorta special, sorta unique....and well it's tacky! You can think it, cause I know!!! But who else shall have a quilt this one of a kind???

0 comments: