CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 13, 2010

The Pumpkin Roll!!!!

My most requested dish is The Pumpkin Roll.....why? Cause it's fantastic! My sister got this recipe from my aunt and of course if she can make a pumpkin roll I can make a pumpkin roll as well! I make a lot of these and so does Amanda. I think she told me she had like 8 to make this holiday season. I mainly make them because Jamey's 'work wife' as I affectionately call her puts her request in from time to time and I whip one up and send it to work with him for her (all year round!). One for her to take home and one for everyone else at work. It's such a fantastic AND seasonally appropriate dish that I thought that I'd pass the recipe along. They are tasty, pretty simple to make and always a big hit! Enjoy!

Start with all of this.......
Whip it up into this...(spray your cookie sheet with Pam AND spray your wax paper before pouring in your batter)
Bake it till it looks like so....
Roll it so it looks like this....I made 4 yes I did!
And end up with this!
Yummy right? It is trust me!
And here is the recipe which makes 1 roll of high calorie goodness! (They don't count it's Christmas...)

Pumpkin Roll
Rolls:
2/3 cups canned pumpkin
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 flour

Filling:
8oz cream cheese softened
1 cup powdered sugar sifted
2 tbsp butt softened
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Mix pumpkin, eggs, and sugar for 5 minutes. In separate bowl mix the dry ingredients then add dry mix to pumpkin mix and blend well

Grease cookie sheet with Pam and cover with wax paper (trial and error has taught me to also Pam my wax paper before pouring in my batter, you will be glad you did trust me). Place batter into pan and bake for 15 minutes
Let cool 5-10 minutes then remove from pan Cover with wax paper on inside Roll cake tightly and let sit for a couple of hours
Mix filling ingredients until well blended
Unroll cake and remove wax paper from interior side. Spread filling and roll tightly. remove wax paper from outside of cake and rewrap in wax paper and then wrap in foil. refrigerate until ready to serve

1 comments:

Lilly's Home said...

Oh, I just love pumpkin roll! Yours look absolutely delicious! I could go for a slice right now.
Beautiful job!
Merry Christmas,
Lilly