CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Chicken thigh and sweet potato stew and a new quilt....

Chicken and Sweet Potato Stew


6 bone in chicken thighs, trimmed of skin and fat
2 lbs sweet potatoes peeled and cut into spears
1/2 lb button mushrooms, thinly sliced
8 large shallots, peeled and halved
4 cloves garlic, peeled
1 cup dry white wine
2 tsp chopped rosemary (or 1/2 tsp dried)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
Toss it all in the crockpot and cook on low for 5 hours. Doesn't get any easier than that!
Nutritional information: 285 calories, 6 g fat, 35 g carbohydrates, 17 g protein, 5 g fiber, 519 mg sodium

I thought this was pretty tasty. Turned out great for something that required pretty much no work. I got boneless, skinless chicken thighs on sale not long ago so I pulled them out of the freezer and they worked super well. We choose to just ladle out the chicken and vegtables and not eat it like a stew. There is a pretty flavorful broth that could be eaten with it. Very good, very easy and right up our alley!

In other news I'm going to be an aunt (again) in July! My youngest brother and his girlfriend are expecting a baby boy! Ryland Michael will be his name. I have the honor of making the bedding for little man and so I started on the crib quilt last night. Ryland will be my first nephew and I can't wait to meet him.

0 comments: