CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 26, 2011

Jamey's new hobby

I've been encouraging Jamey to get a hobby that he enjoys. I sew, cook and quilt and love my little hobbies and I want him to have the same. He does run, read and play video games but I want him to have something that he really enjoys. So he's decided to take up beer making! I was thinking more like wood working, but hey I'm not complaining! He got a Mr. Beer kit for his birthday and tonight he and his girl mixed up the first batch of homebrew! Mr. Beer is a beginner kit so perfect for where he is now. He's already researching "what's new" though. Here are a few pictures of he and Alyssa mixing their beer up. She enjoyed helping her Daddy and he enjoyed her helping! It's a family hobby since I have to get everything ready and do clean up!!
The official "mixer"
Adding the mix
And the yeast! It'll sit up for a couple of weeks and then he'll bottle it up and it'll sit for a while longer before he can actually try it out.

0 comments: