CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 9, 2011

Can it please be a holiday already???

That's the general feel at our house this week! All week long my cute little blue eyed wonder child has begged to put up the Christmas tree or go trick or treating! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!! At least 20 times a day she's asked about the Christmas tree. She has a whole list of reasons that we really SHOULD go ahead and put it up (and just so everyone knows I HATE the Christmas tree. It's a big pain in my butt from the minute it goes up until I happily rip it down the day after Christmas). It's been somewhat amusing and somewhat annoying...We told her that we had to have Halloween prior to Christmas and then we moved into "Let's go trick or treating tonight???" mode. She would LOVE to make a gingerbread house. Gingerbread houses are a tradition in our home dating back to before she was born. Jamey and I have made one every Christmas since we have been married. He loves them (He's as big a kid as she is I believe)! Today I went shopping at Target while she was at school and I picked up what I hope will satisfy her desire for all things holiday, a kit to make "Spooky cupcakes." I told her dad that'd we'd make a "Haunted Gingerbread house" closer to Halloween.


The "Spooky Cupcakes" were a hit, and best yet she has friends coming over tomorrow morning for a playdate so she gets to share her creatures with her friends after lunch. The $6 I spent on the kit was totally worth it. She loved helping mix them up and then decorate them this afternoon. She also ate quite a bit of the icing and the batter and the candy pieces...so now she's pretty bright eyed and sugar infused! Here are a few picture of my little monster with her creations! She's very "Spooky" isn't she (and adorable!!!)???




1 comments:

Clarissa said...

Ha! Ha! She looks wired! :) The same look Marky always has when we decorate cookies...more icing in his mouth than on the cookies. I like your cupcakes!:)