CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Making use of nap time...freezer cooking!


Countdown to baby Amelia's arrival is on! She'll be making her appearance before we know it! I'm nervous, excited, emotional and a whole slew of other emotions about it! This week I think I have burst out crying at least 3 times randomly already....so weird. I still am a little in shock that we are going to be bringing home another sweet baby! It's just not something we ever thought would happen! I've also become slightly absorbed in how our house will run after she arrives! I've been setting up all our bills for automatic draft, organizing the weirdest things, and have become completely obsessed with stocking the freezer with healthy meals for post baby time. Jamey thinks I'm completely insane, but he'll be very glad when he's eating what he typically eats for dinner every night and not eating Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches or McDonalds! We had a baby before but we didn't have the 4 year old at the time, so I've been so worried about how having a infant will affect her schedule and want to make everything as streamlined as possible for her.


All that being said I love this whole freezer cooking concept!!! I follow a couple of blogs that do a lot of freezer cooking (Money Saving Mom and Once a Month Mom) and have for a while but haven't ever really tried out freezer cooking for myself. It seemed like too much work. It's been super easy! I basically double whatever I'm making and freeze 1/2. It's required very little extra work than cooking dinner nightly. I did take advantage of Alyssa's long nap today (Nap time rocks. I've so missed her napping daily!!!) to throw the above together. It took me about an hour from start to finish to get it all chopped, layered, mixed, labeled and wrapped up. I just need to load the dishwasher and wipe off the counters and I'm finished with 4 meals! I have about 2 weeks worth of meals in the freezer now and I'll add 2 of the 4 meals pictured above to the "stock" today (One is actually dinner tonight and the one is dinner on Thursday). I have a couple more meals to add and then I'm stocked up and ready for "Post Baby madness" (Well at least we will eat anyway! I'm sure the madness will happen anyway!). Jamey can't cook but he can reheat like a pro!

Here are the links to the recipes pictured above in the event you want to try it out! Both are from Once A Month Mom's blog. She has TONS of recipes and they all look pretty tasty! She also does Gluten free, vegan, and diet recipes. I found a recipe for Pumpkin Cream Cheese muffins that I would LOVE to make (and eat!!!) as well!

http://onceamonthmom.com/chicken-enchilada-lasagna/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=chicken-enchilada-lasagna
http://onceamonthmom.com/mexican-pork-and-sweet-potato-stew/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=mexican-pork-and-sweet-potato-stew

0 comments: